Substance Abuse Treatment in Arizona
Finding the Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Arizona
Drug and alcohol addiction is one of the most terrifying diseases we can experience. Our minds and our bodies are no longer our own. We rebel against ourselves and push away those we love. Depending on the substance, your lungs, heart or other vital organs can and will be damaged. If you are the loved one of someone actively in need of substance abuse treatment, you may feel helpless. Does my loved one need medical detox? Do they need inpatient treatment? The questions are endless, and with over 14,000 rehabilitation centers nationwide, the task of finding the right one is very overwhelming.
The state of Arizona is home to many luxury drug rehab and luxury alcohol rehab centers. Finding the ideal rehab center in Arizona will take research, but we hope to give you some ideas on what to look for during your search.
How do I find the perfect Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center near me?
The best substance abuse treatment center is the one that is best for YOU. Every person’s recovery journey will be different. Finding the ideal substance abuse treatment center is not as simple as typing “drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers near me” into Google and then just clicking some links. You need to determine exactly what the needs are, or goals, of you or your loved ones so that you can find a program that fits.
- What am I looking for in an addiction treatment center? This is an important question that will build on the other questions. Are you seeking to fully end substance abuse? Are you suffering from mental illness as well and need a dual diagnosis center? Do you need help with drugs, alcohol, or something else? As you figure out your needs, you will begin to narrow your search.
- Am I seeking Inpatient Treatment, Outpatient Treatment, Medical Detox or all of the above? Your answers to the last question will help you to determine what program makes the most sense for you. Medical detox at a safe and secure facility near you is fantastic, but, if you have trauma, or ongoing issues that need to resolution, then you will want to consider further inpatient treatment or ongoing aftercare.
- Do I find a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center near me, or do I look out of state or city? This may be one of the most important decisions you make. For many men and women seeking substance abuse treatment, they opt to travel for their care. Usually, your hometown will be rich in triggers and cues that will prompt you to use and relapse. While it may seem easier or more manageable to attend a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center near you, consider travel options if possible.
- What length of program am I seeking? For some individuals, a full continuum of care (around 90 days) may seem overwhelming or intimidating. While it is highly recommended to get as much ongoing support and assistance as possible, it is understandable. Especially if you have children, pets, or high level careers. That being said, many people suffering from substance use disorder have found incredible relief and recovery after just 30 days. Consider all of these options carefully!
These are just some of the most basic things you should be thinking about before you even begin your search.
Things to Look For
Once you have built out your list of needs, you can begin to start looking for help. Of course, there are other factors to consider. Remember, there are hundreds of alcohol rehab centers in Arizona, drug detox facilities, or luxury rehab centers. It is easy to get overwhelmed! Some of them will feel like you are at a dream vacation spot. Others, not so much. Here are some things to look for:
- Does the location offer treatment for my needs?
- Does it have aftercare options, such as sober living, if I need it?
- Is it accredited, highly rated and does it have good reviews?
- Does the location have licensed medical professionals on staff?
- Can they treat both mental issues as well as addiction?
- Is the treatment regimen crafted specifically to each guest?
- Do they take my insurance, can I afford it?
If you check NO on any of the boxes for this, you may want to reconsider your options. Remember, this is your life and your treatment. Your path to recovery needs to be the ideal situation for you to succeed. What may be a perfect treatment facility for me, may be the worst one for you. That doesn’t make it a bad place, it just means that we have different needs.
The easy part of choosing the ideal alcohol treatment center or medical drug detox is figuring out what you are looking for. But with so many places to choose from, in your state alone, the hardest part is recognizing the red flags. This is especially difficult if it is your first time in the recovery world, or if you are looking for a friend or loved one. Some things to watch out for as you look through your list of options may include:
- Non-Tailored Approach – One size most certainly does not fit all when it comes to addiction. A quality substance abuse treatment center should look at you as an individual and create a plan that makes the most sense for you.
- Poorly Structured Daily Schedule – A reputable and structured program should be able to show you what their daily schedule of activities and groups look like. Without being able to see these things, how can you decide if they fit your needs?
- Unclear Costs – Before you enter treatment, you should have a clear understanding of the costs associated with your care. Your insurance should be verified and benefits should be understood. You and your family need to know all charges upfront so that there are no surprises later.
- Not Using Evidence Based Methods – There are many different approaches to addiction recovery. What works for one may not work for you. Evidence based treatment with proven results should be at the backbone of the center’s program.
- Removing Personal Freedoms – The best sort of treatment programs will show you love and compassion. You should be treated like family. You should have comfortable living conditions. You are not in the hospital, or in jail. You are getting rehab for drug and alcohol abuse.
It may seem like quite the task to find the best treatment center for you, but, the results are worth it. If you needed a kidney transplant, you wouldn’t want to go to a low quality surgeon. Drug and alcohol addiction can be just as life-threatening, or worse.
What is a Luxury Rehab Center?
While there are many beautiful, talented and effective addiction treatment facilities, some stand out as luxury rehab centers. A luxury rehab center is one that you may have seen on TV or have heard celebrities talk about. These luxury rehab centers are usually located in glorious destinations, look more like a resort than a medical facility and offer very upscale amenities. Sounds ideal, until you realize that some of these centers may cost you upwards of $30,000+ per month.
While looking at the pictures of a luxury rehab center may be extremely enticing, keep in mind that cost does not always equal care. Some of the most amazing Prescott drug rehab centers, for example, are standard, mid-tier cost. Scottsdale has some beautiful locations, but again, what matters more than mountains and scenic views is the level of medical attention and care that you receive.
Amenities at a Luxury Rehab Center
A truly great luxury rehab center will not only provide exemplary care, but also a host of amenities that make it feel like a home away from home. Some of the highest tier of luxury rehab in Arizona may provide the following benefits for you or your loved one:
- Catered or Chef Prepared Meals
- Spa Treatment
- Swimming Pools
- Massage Therapy
- Horseback Riding
- And MORE
Sound like a drug and alcohol rehab center, or a resort? If you think that luxury drug and alcohol rehab is the right fit for you, Arizona has many beautiful facilities in Tucson, Prescott, Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Alumni Recovery Community
For many men and women in recovery, it is very important to stay connected after treatment. This is not an in and out procedure, it is a new way of life. Staying in touch with the people you have met during treatment, or attending events designed around recovery minded individuals has been proven to improve satisfaction and reduce the risks of relapse. When choosing the best rehab center, it is important that you find out what sort of Aftercare options, if any, are available.
Typically, a good program will offer alumni workshops and classes, group meetings and ways to stay connected after you have graduated from care. With the emergent need for telemedicine and social distancing, many of these meetings are now online or available digitally. Alumni hotlines with 24/7 care are now available through many great programs.
Arizona Rehab Centers
Arizona has become a choice location in the substance abuse treatment location. With beautiful cities like Prescott and Scottsdale offering premier vistas and promoting outdoor adventure therapy, it really is no surprise. Drug rehab centers in Arizona range greatly in affordability, from basic all the way up to top tier luxury. Prescott and Prescott Valley rehabilitation centers are known for their high level of care and beauty. This is why Royal Life Centers has opened Royal Life Detox and Chapter 5 Recovery in this prime spot.
Outside of our care, you can find affordable or luxury options statewide. The ideal rehabilitation center may be in Arizona for you.
Do Your Research
As we have said, you will have a myriad of options when it comes to substance abuse treatment. You may decide that finding the best drug and alcohol recovery center near you is not the right option, and as such, choose to travel out of the city or state. Regardless of what you decide to do, your treatment path is your own. Only you can determine if a program truly fits your needs.
As with anything, it is very important that you do extensive research before making your choice. If you are unable to do this research on your own, reach out to a loved one for support. Finding the right fit could be the difference between relapse or sobriety. Ask the right questions, look out for red flags, and make sure you have a clear understanding of the journey from admission to graduation. Every treatment center is different, but the good ones should have a similar flow or mind set. If it sounds too good to be true, ask more questions.
If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse or addiction to drugs or alcohol, we are here to help. If you need advice or to learn more about how treatment works, we are here to help. If you need help determining what type of program fits you best, give us a call. Royal Life Centers admissions staff is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We can be reached at (877)-RECOVERY or 877-732-6837. Because We Care.