Arizona treatment centers offer some of the most supportive and nurturing environments where people feel understood, validated, and empowered on their journey to recovery. Through compassionate care and evidence-based therapies, these centers partner with individuals to help them reclaim their lives and thrive. One of the most valuable recovery techniques is dual diagnosis treatment in Arizona. Dual diagnosis is an essential part of the recovery process. It helps people with co-occurring disorders. The team at Chapter 5 Recovery uses dual diagnosis as part of our comprehensive treatment offerings. If you’re ready to overcome your struggles with substance abuse or mental health, we are here to help.
What Is Dual Diagnosis?
Dual diagnosis (or having a co-occurring disorder) is when someone has both a mental illness diagnosis and a substance addiction diagnosis at the same time. They might struggle with depression or anxiety along with problems related to alcohol or drugs.
SAMHSA’s 2022 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reported that approximately 21.5 million adults in the United States have a co-occurring disorder. According to recent research on mental health, Arizona is home to 1,030,000 adults with a mental health condition, and 29.3% of people who received treatment for substance abuse also had a co-occurring mental Illness.
Dual diagnosis treatment is a specialized kind of help that addresses both issues at the same time. It recognizes that it’s common for someone with a mental health problem to turn to alcohol or drugs to cope. Likewise, using substances for a long time may lead to mental health problems.
In Arizona, dual diagnosis treatment programs are conducted by professionals at a recovery center. They are trained to help with both mental health and substance abuse. The main goal is to provide comprehensive care to address both issues in a personalized way. When treating co-occurring disorders, Arizona mental health professionals use a variety of therapies to treat dual diagnosis, including:
- Individual, family, and/or group therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Adventure therapy
Sometimes medication is used to help manage mental health symptoms. The idea is to find the right combination of treatments. This will improve mental well-being and reduce cravings.
How Are Substance Abuse and Mental Health Related?
When we think about our health, it’s easy to separate our physical well-being from our mental state. But the truth is, that mental health and substance abuse often go hand in hand. When our mental health isn’t in a good place, it can be hard to cope with everyday life. We might feel sad, anxious, or overwhelmed. Sometimes, people turn to substances to cope with those feelings. They might think it helps them feel better for a little while, but in the long run, it can make things worse. This leads to a vicious cycle that’s tough to break.
Reach Out for Help With Alcohol Abuse
Are you struggling with an addiction?
Royal Life Centers at Chapter 5 is here to help you recover. Because we care.
What Are the Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Arizona?
People suffering from mental health issues and alcohol or drug addiction in Arizona can benefit from dual diagnosis treatment. By addressing substance abuse and mental health at the same time, you receive comprehensive care that targets the root causes of your problems. This integrated approach leads to more effective recovery results, reducing the risk of relapse and promoting long-term sobriety and mental wellness.
Benefits also include:
- Recovery success: Addressing both addiction and mental health disorders significantly amplifies the odds of successful recovery. By tackling the root causes of addiction alongside the symptoms of mental health issues, you can embark on a more comprehensive journey toward wellness.
- Elevated mental health: Dual diagnosis treatment goes beyond surface solutions, delving into therapy to break negative patterns and introduce positive coping mechanisms.
- Boosted physical health: While substance use disorder is known to negatively affect physical health, mental health conditions can do the same. Many people are left feeling tired and unfocused. Dual diagnosis treatment recognizes the link between mental and physical health, prioritizing nutrition, rest, and exercise to lay the foundation for holistic recovery.
- Improved quality of life: By gaining insight into the connection between substance use and mental health disorders, many people experience a newfound sense of self and can confront life’s challenges head-on.
Dual diagnosis treatment in Arizona can equip you with the necessary coping skills and strategies. These help you manage all aspects of your conditions. By learning to identify triggers, regulate emotions, and choose healthy behaviors, you can navigate life’s challenges with resilience and confidence.
Choosing the Best Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center in Arizona
For those seeking mental health and addiction treatment, Arizona rehab centers like Chapter 5 Recovery provide safe and effective dual diagnosis treatment. How do you know which rehab facility is best for you? Here are several things to consider before entering treatment in Arizona.
- Accreditation and licensing: Choose a facility that is accredited and licensed to provide dual diagnosis treatment, ensuring adherence to rigorous standards of care and safety.
- Integrated approach: Look for an Arizona addiction center that offers an integrated approach to dual diagnosis. This means combining evidence-based therapies for substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experienced staff: Ensure the treatment center has a team of experienced professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, and addiction specialists, who are well-versed in dual diagnosis treatment.
- Individualized Care: Whether you search for an Arizona alcohol rehab or drug addiction facility, choose one that offers individualized treatment plans tailored to the unique needs and circumstances of each individual.
- Continuum of Care: The best addiction centers in Arizona offer a continuum of care, including outpatient services, aftercare programs, and relapse-prevention strategies for every step of the recovery journey.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Arizona at Royal Life Centers
Royal Life Centers is one of the leading providers of addiction treatment in Arizona. We strive to set ourselves apart from other treatment centers by providing not only the highest standard of care but also diverse programs and amenities. To ensure the quality of care at each treatment facility, our staff works around the clock, offering the best possible treatment in a safe and accepting environment.
We understand that long-term recovery requires a continued commitment to treatment and sobriety. For this reason, Royal offers an integrated continuum of care that guides you through each stage of early sobriety. Our levels of care include:
As part of Royal Life Centers network of addiction treatment centers in Arizona, Chapter 5 Recovery can also help you find the best possible outpatient and aftercare treatments for continued success with sobriety.
For those in need of dual diagnosis treatment, Arizona offers a beacon of hope for individuals dealing with co-occurring disorders. If you or someone you love needs help, contact Royal Life Centers to explore your options now. Take the first step towards a new life with better mental health today. Contact us today by calling 877-RECOVERY.